Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Long time no post..

So I havent posted in a while and I have no excuse, but i'm  going to change that.
Since my last post  alot of different things have happened in STAC. We went to the city, we've been working on dada projects in art and in our own chosen discipline, and in general we've been having fun.
The trip: The trip was so much fun! It was wet and rainy but aside from that I enjoyed it. I think that my favorite parts of the trip were sculpture center and the show. Sculpture center(mainly the first floor) was so interesting, I happen to really like the work that Sanford Biggers put up. The concept of the whole project is really cool too, following slave trade in its reverse order from Portugal to Brasil to Western Africa, I really want to see the other videos that go along with the "Cosmic Voodoo Circus"  the first one is being shown at the Brooklyn Museum of art so maybe i'll go see it  when I get a chance. That show was also really good! It was so funny and the fact that we were so close to the actors themselves made me feel like I was a part of the show. I went to the libaray and took out a book of plays by Eugene O'Neil and i started laughing when I saw all the stage directions in it.
DADA: I'm really excited for the dada expostion, I'm a little nervous though because to me what we're doing doesnt make much sense. I guess I have to wait until it's all put together and then it'll make more sense but for now its just a whole bunch of sounds that dont really go together, but i'm sure it'll be better when its all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment