Tuesday, September 6, 2011

STAC 2012


I'm really excited for this year! Last year one of my big HUGE problems was my lack of discipline but this year i'm ready to get shit done! I did some growing up over this summer  and I feel like I'm in a much better position to work now that I've actually gotten things done.

So today in STAC we began the year with!......STAR TREK.. I really didn't like it much, the entire idea of the episode was great and so was the acting but the fact that they did it with aliens and gave it such a crappy ending really really irked me.  If Sorrin really loved Commander Riker then she would've gone with him and  they would've been happy together but i still feel like it was a complete and total cop out. Also when Luke said that someone had the idea that a man play Sorrin, I agree, it would've been a much stronger message that way. I believe that people should be able to be with whoever they want in order to live a life that is, in their eyes, happy and fulfilled.
I miss the prisoner so much though! I'd much rather watch that again from the beginning then watch Star trek again. The Prisoner was intelligently directed and wonderfully acted. Every episode was mindbomb after mindbomb and there were times where it got headaches from thinking too much but it was worth it because everything else about the show was so good! I think that we should have a day where we just finish the show for old times sake and I know that others that would agree with me.

But all thoughts on Star Trek aside i feel like this year is going to be very eye opening and fun. I cant wait to meet all the newbies and i'm sure we'll be great friends. Here's to a great year! :)

2 comments:

  1. You're talking more about why The Prisoner was good, but not about why STAR TREK was bad. Disagreeing with the story is one thing, but why is STAR TREK unworthy of your further attention?

    I don't care about the CONTENT of your opinion as much as I care about the DEFENSE of your opinion. So you need to write more.

    ReplyDelete